WHY DO AN INTERNSHIP ABROAD?
A Career Training Internship abroad is an amazing way for you to learn new skills, improve your English language and experience a new culture. The programmes are open to students, graduates and Erasmus participants and can be completed at any time of the year.
A Career Training Internship are periods of work experience offered by employers to provide you with an opportunity to learn about the working environment, gain experience in your chosen sector and improve your skills. They can last from 4 weeks to 6 months.
Career Training Internship provide great opportunities to speak directly to people who have experience in the work you aspire to; and their knowledge of the job and working environment will give you a greater understanding of what you need to do to progress in your desired career.
The Important Points
- Internships will be matched to your skills, experience and desired sector.
- You may be interviewed via skype, phone or in person before beginning your internships.
- Your internship depends on language level, the quality of your C.V. and letter of motivation and relevant studies in relation to your required internship.
- Your internship can be terminated due to negligence, poor behaviour, dismissal from work or criminal behaviour.
- Our internships in Cork are available all year, but we recommend booking at least 2 months before you plan to arrive.
For more information visit our Internship Application Information page or download our Internship Programme brochure.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE DESCRIPTION
- 20 hours of English classes per week. Monday to Friday.
- General English and professional vocabulary to assist with your internship and conversation skills.
- Maximum of 10 people per class.
- Certificate presented on completion of language course.
Your shared flat includes:
- Bills (water, electricity, internet)
- Bedroom and shared communal areas
- 1 pillow, 1 duvet and 1 set of bed linen
- Standard single room
You will share the flat with other international students, which is a great experience! The flats are situated in different areas of the city, all within easy access of amenities. Rooms are allocated on an availability basis and a €100 deposit must be paid on arrival. It will be returned at the end of the stay*.
*Minus any deductions for damages/repairs.
You will be transferred from your point of arrival (airport/bus station/train station) to your accommodation in Kerry. On completion of the program we can also organize transport for you back to your point of departure (airport/bus station/train station).
Kerry is a county with a rich cultural and historical background. Partnership International regularly hosts cultural nights for participants such as Irish dancing, international parties and meals. You can also explore the County and may want to visit sights such as Dingle Peninsula, take a boat to see the Blasket Island or a visit to Kerry Country Museum. For more information on tours, prices and information contact our team and check out our cultural activities page to find out what is happening.
As part of the program, you will be given an orientation tour of the city. Tours will not be given after 20:00 hours. If you miss the tour on your arrival we will make sure you get one before you begin your placement.
If you require a tailor-made training experiences in Kerry then don’t hesitate to get in contact with us! We’ll build an internship programme to meet your unique needs and ensure you’ll have the best possible experience.